Wednesday, August 02, 2006

California Ramblers


Just a short blog today, as I arrived late in the afternoon.

I'd love to point you to my choice for this month, the great CD that I own for several years now and that contains great music. It's the Timeless Historial release of The California Ramblers 1925 - 1928.

Great music with great soloists like Red Nichols, Adrian Rollini, Tommy Dorsey and Chelsey Quealey.

Here's a link to a California Ramblers tune Copenhagen from 1924. It's not on the CD but it gives you an idea about its sound.

Enjoy it.

Thanks Jo for your help yesterday. It's good to learn that the blog was continued while I was away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Harri Rautiainen said...

Durium,

I own a CD by Adrian Rollini (bass sax) with the California Ramblers. Great music really!

Thanks for joining the Sax on the Web Forum yesterday,

-Harri

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home